Step-by-step instructions for creating an Apple ID
- Open the App Store on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or iTunes on your computer.
- Search for a free app, song, or video and tap the “Get” or “Download” button. If you are using iTunes on your computer, click on the “Create Apple ID” button instead.
- When prompted to sign in, tap “Create New Apple ID” or “Create Apple ID.”
- Enter your email address, password, security questions, and date of birth.
- Choose your country or region and review the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter your payment and billing information, or select “None” if you do not wish to add payment information.
- Verify your account by entering the verification code sent to your email address or phone number.
- Once verified, your Apple ID is created and you can sign in to access various Apple services and products, such as iCloud, App Store, and iTunes.
Note: If you are under the age of 13, you may need to ask a parent or guardian to create an Apple ID for you, or use Apple’s Family Sharing feature to share their Apple ID.
Step-by-step instructions for finding and securing your iPhone using Find My iPhone:
Finding Your iPhone:
- On another Apple device or computer, go to iCloud.com/find and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click on “Find My iPhone.”
- If you have multiple devices, select the one you want to locate.
- Wait for the map to show your device’s location. If it’s offline, you can still see its last known location.
- If your iPhone is nearby, you can play a sound to help locate it.
Securing Your iPhone:
- If you can’t locate your iPhone, enable Lost Mode to lock it and display a custom message on the screen.
- To enable Lost Mode, go to iCloud.com/find and select your device.
- Click on “Lost Mode” and follow the prompts to enter a phone number where you can be reached, and a message to display on the screen.
- If you believe your iPhone has been stolen, you can use Find My iPhone to erase all data on the device and prevent someone else from accessing it.
- To erase your iPhone, go to iCloud.com/find and select your device.
- Click on “Erase iPhone” and confirm your selection. This will erase all data and settings on the device and prevent it from being used again unless your Apple ID and password are entered.
Additionally, you can secure your iPhone by enabling a passcode or Touch ID/Face ID for unlocking your device, disabling notifications on the lock screen, and using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID to prevent unauthorized access to your account.